Laois Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) in partnership with Laois Partnership Company has responsibility to deliver the €7 million Rural Development (LEADER) Programme in County Laois. The new Rural Development (LEADER) Programme promotes social inclusion, poverty reduction and economic development in rural areas.
Rural Tourism Theme.
This call for proposals falls under the Rural Tourism Theme of the Rural Development (LEADER) Programme. Rural tourism provides a stimulus for enterprise and job creation. The Local Development Strategy for County Laois seeks to develop and promote new and existing rural tourism, heritage and cultural products and trails. Under this objective, Laois Partnership Co. and Laois LCDC now calls for expressions of interest from the promoters of festivals and events in County Laois.
Festival/Event Committees in County Laois who operate festivals/events targeting a national audience.
The following items are eligible for funding:
- Marketing and advertising costs associated with the promotion of the festival/ event in question.
- Purchase of capital equipment that can be used annually for the festival/event in question.
- Funding for innovative new actions within an existing festival which the group have not delivered before.
- This is a call for expressions of interest, only eligible proposals will be sent a full application form.
- This call covers festivals/events which are proposed for 2018.
- Be aware that locally based events which are primarily targeted at a local audience will not be considered for funding under this call.
- The minimum grant request which will be considered for support is €5,000, the maximum grant available under this call is set at €30,000.
- Grant aid of up to 75% of total eligible costs may be awarded to successful festival committees up to a maximum of €30,000. The rate of aid of 50% will be applied to private enterprises.
- The total budget for this call is €150,000.
Laois Partnership Company, Ground Floor, Block 2, County Hall, Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
Tel: 057 8661900 Email: email@example.com
Closing date for completed expressions of interest is 24TH November 2017.