Laois Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) in partnership with Laois Partnership Company has responsibility to deliver the Rural Development (LEADER) Programme in County Laois. The new Rural Development (LEADER) Programme promotes social inclusion, poverty reduction and economic development in rural areas.
Economic Development: Rural Towns:
This calls for proposals falls under the Economic Development: Rural Towns Theme of the Rural Development (LEADER) Programme
The Local Development Strategy seeks to enhance and sustain our towns and village centres and their function as focal points for their rural hinterland. Under this objective, Laois LCDC now calls for expressions of interest from local rural towns and villages for projects that have arisen out of the development of a plan for their own future sustainable economic development.
LEADER Theme: Rural Towns
Local Objective: Ensure the vibrancy of rural Laois through capacity building and support
Action: Grant Aid Programme to support projects arising out of town and village planning process
Community Organisations in County Laois who are responsible for community development in their areas
The following items are eligible for funding:
- Rural town enhancement projects which enhance and sustain town and village centres as focal points for their rural hinterland.
- The total budget for this call is €500,000.
- This is a call for expressions of interest, only eligible proposals will be sent a full application form.
- Grant aid of up to 75% of total eligible costs may be awarded to successful organisations.
- Priority will be given to those projects which were identified through a formal community planning & consultation process.
Laois Partnership Company, Ground Floor, Block 2, County Hall, Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
Tel: 057 8661900 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed expressions of interest is Friday 10th August 2018