Laois Festivals & Events Training 2019 Expressions of Interest
Laois Partnership is organising training for festival organisers in the County. This training is aimed at meeting your festival’s needs, whatever the scale of the event you are organizing. Working with a highly experienced festival organiser and trainers you will be assisted with writing a business plan for your festival. This type of project is aimed at ensuring that the vibrant, creative people who are working on events within their communities are supported and helped to realize their ambitions. In addition to the plans, participants will be offered marketing training, delivered by a broadcaster and journalist, who will review and assist you with the promotional materials your festival needs. Your online and social media presence will also be reviewed and you will be shown how to make a mark, at a low cost, in a crowded digital world.
It will also be an opportunity to network with other festival organisers in the County.
Questions and Answers
Who can get involved?
Laois Partnership has compiled of list of eligible festivals. If your festival is interested in getting involved please, fill in the Expression of Interest Form, attached separately.
How much time will our festival need to commit to the training programme?
All participating festivals will work individually with Vincent O Shea on sessions aimed at preparing your business plan. The individual sessions will be organised at a time that suits your committee. In addition to this you are asked to attend four sessions covering Press & Promotion, Websites Branding & Photography and Marketing, which will take place in early March after the development plan work is underway.
Will we have to write business plans?
Yes, you will be asked to work on the plan, but Vincent O Shea will work with you drafting and delivering a written plan.
How will participating help our festival?
It’s an opportunity to review your operations in a facilitative and supportive process. The training and delivery will be delivered at a pace and in a place that suits the needs of your festival organisation. The marketing press and social media training sessions will take place in the Killeshin Hotel, Portlaoise.
At the end of the training your festival will have:
• Prepared and finalized a three year development plan
• Compiled a workable marketing plan as part of the overall development plan
• Received training in health and safety, managing a festival site, governance, marketing, audience development, budgets, press and PR, using social media as an important marketing tool and programme development.
• Received information and guidance about making applications to the LEADER programme.
• Received information and guidance on other funding that you could apply for.
Our festival is interested, but would like to find out more about the process.
Please contact Vincent O Shea on 0872384599 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to meet and discuss the project further.
Vincent O Shea
Has worked with festivals and events since 1986, including Kilkenny Arts Festival, The Cat Laughs Comedy Festival. He has worked with organisers of 140 festivals Gatherings and events in counties Kerry, Meath & Tipperary in developing their festivals.
Press and Promotion of your Festival and Event
Delivered by Helen Carroll – Broadcaster and Journalist
– Compiling a Press Release
– Social Media – using Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to promote your festivals
– Copy writing for press social media and advertising
– How to approach local and national media
– Preparing for media interviews
In advance of training sessions, Helen will review participating festival’s press and media materials and provide feedback to festival organisers at the sessions. Helen will be delivering two sessions.
Web Sites, Branding and Photography
Fintan Blake Kelly: The Upping Company
Designing and contracting a low cost web site
– Making your website and online presence work for you.
– Ensuring that you get value for money for design, print advertising and social media spend.
– GDPR guidance
In advance of training session, Fintan will review participating festivals’ web & social media presence and provide feedback to festival organisers.
Promoting Events & Marketing Plans
– Participating festivals will be guided through what is needed to organise and promote events and how to set goals for them.
– Round up training to ensure that organisers have practical next steps and an implementation plan for their marketing strategies.
Return Date for Receipt of Expression of Interest (EOI) 25th January 2019
Please complete separate EOI form and send to:
Ann Shields / Rural Development Officer
Laois Partnership Company / Ground Floor/ Block 2/ County Hall/ Portlaoise/ Co. Laois
EOI Festival Training Application Form