Laois Partnership Company
Laois Partnership Company has responsibility for the delivery of the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP), the Rural Development Programme (LEADER Programme), and a series of ancillary programmes in County Laois.
Our Afterschool Projects are part-time programmes funded by the Department of Children & Youth Affairs through the CSS Programme working with children in community settings in Portlaoise. The Projects work to address issues such as early school leaving and low access to third level by assisting children with their homework, fostering a love of learning and a belief in themselves, and developing their latent talents and creativity.
We are seeking to recruit for the following position:
Cook – Part-Time (20 hours)
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing meals on a daily basis for our service users and will be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in preparing and cooking healthy meals for children.
• Preparing light refreshments for meetings and events on occasion.
• Devising monthly meal plans with a high nutritional value.
• Ordering food and stock management.
• Keeping the kitchen space clean.
• Meeting all HACCP standards.
Please submit a written cover letter and CV to Anne Goodwin, CEO, Laois Partnership Company, Block 2, County Hall, Portlaoise, County Laois.
Full job descriptions are available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Garda Vetting and character references are a requirement for this position.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 16th November at 5pm.
Laois Partnership Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This position is funded by the Irish Government under the Community Childcare Subvention Scheme
Centre Cook (part-time)
The core responsibility of the Centre Cook is to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchen which has responsibility for providing a healthy and hot meal for 150 children who attend our centres on a daily basis.
The Centre Cook will report directly to the Co-ordinator on a daily basis or in their absence, to the Childcare Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare foods to the required specifications.
- Prepare food daily being mindful of the time constraints.
- Clean food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy.
- Make adjustments to food items to accommodate clients with allergies, specific diet concerns or religious requirements.
- Co-ordinate other employees in the kitchen.
- Act as liaison to employees to ensure proper food service temperature.
- Season food according to recipes.
- Order ingredients and spices as needed.
- Operate various kitchen appliances such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food based on client preference.
- Devise new recipes.
- Estimate expected food consumption and organises preparation.
- Keep records and accounts of food purchases.
- Offer a creative menu.
- Communicate with Childcare Manager about how to improve meal service.
- Alter dishes based on consumer suggestions or requirements.
- Minimum 3 years work experience preferably working preparing meals for young people.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- HACCP/Catering Qualification.
- Good communication and relating skills with children and staff.
- Good sense of humour.
- Good Organisational Skills, Verbal Communication.
- Kitchen Equipment knowledge, Butchering, Knowledge of International Cuisines and Creativity.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations.
- Garda Vetting.