See Link below for Job Description – Enterprise & Employment Officer (Temporary Contract)
Applications are invited for the post of
Enterprise & Employment Officer (Temporary Contract)
Laois Partnership Company delivers the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme (SICAP), the Rural Development Programme (LEADER Programme), and a series of ancillary programmes in County Laois. We are seeking to recruit an Enterprise & Employment Officer to work in the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme to work on a temporary contract until the end of 2021.
The successful temporary Enterprise & Employment Officer candidate’s role will include:
- Working directly on a one-to-one basis with long term unemployed people who wish to start their own business.
- Advising and assisting clients in relation to accessing the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance and other available supports.
- Assisting clients with business plans and referring them to other agencies such as the Local Enterprise Office and the Department of Social Protection as appropriate.
- Working with existing and new Social Enterprises to assess their training needs, and to source training and mentoring for them.
- Delivering one to one Employment Mentoring Supports to unemployed individuals and those in lower paid jobs.
- Regular reporting on the delivery of the programme targets within required timeframes on paper and online via the IRIS CRM system.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent standards of work and customer service to all clients and stakeholders availing of supports from Laois Partnership Company.
Conditions of Work
The successful candidate will be required to work 35 hours a week, blended option may be available to the right person. The contract will be until 31st December 2021.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working with those most distant from the labour market as well as an understanding of social inclusion issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with community, statutory and social partners. Excellent reporting skills and the ability to report to deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work in a team. Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- A good working knowledge of computers and computer applications is essential. A relevant qualification in Adult Education/Enterprise/career guidance/mentoring or similar, or relevant experience is essential. A demonstrated knowledge and experience of working on updating and monitoring website and social media accounts is desirable.
- A current full clean driving licence and own transport is a requirement for this position.
Job Description and Personal Requirements for this role can be obtained from Laois Partnership, Tel: 057-8661900 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward a full CV and a letter of application to:
Ms Catherine Cowap, A/CEO, Laois Partnership Company, Ground Floor, Block 2, County Hall, JFL Avenue. Portlaoise, Co Laois or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday the 15th September 2021 at 5pm
Canvassing will disqualify
Laois Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer
See Link below for Job Description: