We provide one-to-one supports, group workshops and IT facilities to job-seekers
One to One Support
We provide one-to-one supports to clients who wish to target their C.V. for a particular job or industry. We also help people to prepare for interviews, including hosting mock interviews.
Portlaoise Jobs Club provides training to help you prepare to find a suitable job, access suitable training or education opportunities.
The Jobs Club aims to expand awareness and help participants understand how the application of simple techniques can greatly enhance jobseeking skills.
Participants are all job seekers who have a common goal – a genuine interest in finding suitable employment or training. Under the guidance of the Jobs Club Staff, you will receive training and support in getting back to work, training or education.
Participants also work together, share their experiences and explore local work opportunities.
Joining the Jobs Club is free of charge.
Key Features of Jobs Club Programme:
- How to master CVs, Cover Letters, Application Forms and Interviews
- Develop an individual job search plan;
- Every client will leave with a tailored CV and the opportunity to sit a mock interview
- Identify individual strengths and skills and match them to local work opportunities
- Explore and analyse local work opportunities
- Have access, free of charge to the facilities of the Job Club (telephones, computer, internet & email access, stationery & newspapers etc.)
Formal training takes place each month for a 4 week period and we offer follow-on support for as long as a participant requires. Ongoing use of the Jobs Club facilities is available to participants until they find a suitable job, training or education course.
For those who cannot attend the recommended training course, we also provide a drop in service in the afternoons, where we can assist you.
Job Club participants retain their social welfare allowances during the training modules and receive €80 on completion of the programme to help with additional costs.
Who is the Jobs Club targeted at?
Anyone who is registered with FÁS, seeking work or training and are between 16 and 65 years of age, can join the Jobs Club.
Contact: Miriam Grannell /Lisa O’Reilly firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 057 8663241