Vacancies & Tenders
Applications are invited for the post of
Temporary Community Development Officer (6 months)
Laois Partnership Company delivers the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme (SICAP), the Rural Development Programme (LEADER), and a range of ancillary programmes in County Laois. We are seeking to recruit a Community Development Officer on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract to work as part of the SICAP team with a focus on New Communities, in particular those coming to Laois from Ukraine.
The successful temporary Community Development Officer candidate’s role will include:
1. Work with individuals and families from Ukraine to provide support.
2. Provide translation services, verbal and written
3. Work with New Communities in Laois in line with the SICAP Annual Plan.
4. Supporting the delivery of English Conversational Classes through Failte Isteach to New Communities primarily Ukrainians.
5. Delivery of community actions as outlined in the SICAP Annual Plan in partnership with local community groups.
6. Deliver on the SICAP targets and KPI’s.
7. Regular reporting on the delivery of the programme targets within required timeframes using Pobal’s online Reporting System (IRIS).
8. Delivery of training and supports for community groups to support their ongoing development including assistance with funding applications and support to develop local community facilities and actions.
Conditions of Work
The successful candidate will be required to work 35 hours a week
Contract subject to funding, Salary available up to €35,664 PA pro-rata
A 3-month Probation period will apply.
· A primary degree (NFQ Level 7) in one of the humanities/social sciences/education
· Very good level of written and verbal fluency in Ukrainian and English, Polish and or/ Russian fluency with very good English will also be considered
· A minimum of two years’ experience of working in a developmental role with community organisations or projects, or other similar organisations (in a paid/ voluntary capacity or a combination of both)
· Experience of working with new communities is desirable
· Knowledge or experience of Failte Isteach would be beneficial
· Experience of working with marginalised individuals and communities
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Access to transport and a full clean driving licence would be of benefit
· Available for working outside normal hours as required
· Garda Vetting
A Job Description for this role can be obtained from Laois Partnership, Tel: 057-8661900 or e-mail: email@example.com
Please forward a full CV and a written letter of application to:
Ms Catherine Cowap, A/CEO, Laois Partnership Company, Ground Floor, Block 2, County Hall, JFL Avenue. Portlaoise, Co Laois.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday the 14th April 2022 at 5pm
Canvassing will disqualify
Laois Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer