Laois Partnership Company has responsibility for the delivery of the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP 2018 – 2022), the Rural Development Programme (LEADER Programme), and a series of ancillary programmes in County Laois. We are seeking to recruit a Childcare Training and Employment Co-ordinator to work on the Community Employment Childcare Project which is funded by the Department of Social Protection.
The successful candidate’s role will be:
- Co-ordinate the intake of CE applicants to the project and support the recruitment process.
- To procure and co-ordinate the delivery of training programmes for CE participants.
- Manage budgets available for training & materials.
- Maintain financial records including wages, bank reconciliations, material claims etc to the Department of Social Protection
- Explore job opportunities for learners by liaising with employers in the area with a view to supporting progression of participants.
Other responsibilities in this position will require the Co-ordinator to:-
- Ensure that all support to childcare services is framed around Síolta and Aistear and includes advice around curriculum, planning, professional practice, legislative and human resource issues.
- Undertake any other relevant tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Conditions of Work
The successful candidate will be required to work 39 hours a week.
Salary will be at Point 1 on the 4 Point Scale – €639.61 per week unless the successful candidate is currently employed as a CE supervisor immediately prior to commencement.
- Major 3rd level qualification (NFQ Level 6 or higher) in Business/Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, Project Management or related disciplines is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience
- A nationally recognised qualification in Childcare/Early Years Education would be beneficial.
- Experience in the design/delivery of Adult Education.
- Expertise in financial record-keeping.
- Previous experience of CE financial administration is desirable.
- A demonstrated ability to understand the obstacles for an adult learner in returning to education.
- A very good level of I.T. skills
- Proven ability to maintain a computerised data system.
- A working knowledge of the Childcare Industry would be beneficial.
- Experience of working with statutory and non-statutory agencies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Excellent reporting skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
- A current full clean driving licence and own transport is a requirement for this position.
- Employment references will be sought from a successful applicant who is under consideration for appointment
- Garda Vetting is a requirement for this position.
A Job Description can be downloaded from this link
Please forward a full CV and a written letter of application to:
Ms Catherine Cowap, A/CEO,
Laois Partnership Company,
Ground Floor, Block 2, County Hall,
JFL Avenue, Portlaoise, Co Laois.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 15th January 2021 at 5pm
Canvassing will disqualify
Laois Partnership Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer