Laois Partnership Company delivers the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme (SICAP), the Rural Development Programme (LEADER), and a range of ancillary programmes in County Laois. We are seeking to recruit a Community Development Officer to work as part of the SICAP team with a focus on New Communities.
The successful Community Development Officer candidate’s role will include:
- Work with New Communities in Laois in line with the SICAP Annual Plan.
- Supporting the delivery of English Conversational Classes through Failte Isteach to New Communities including Asylum Seekers.
- Delivery of community actions as outlined in the SICAP Annual Plan in partnership with local community groups.
- Deliver on the SICAP targets and KPI’s.
- Regular reporting on the delivery of the programme targets within required timeframes using Pobal’s online Reporting System (IRIS).
- Delivery of training and supports for community groups to support their ongoing development including assistance with funding applications and support to develop local community facilities and actions.
Conditions of Work
The successful candidate will be required to work 35 hours a week
Annual Contract subject to funding, Salary available up to €35,664 PA
A 6 month Probation period will apply
- A primary degree (NFQ Level 7) in one of the social sciences (including but not exclusively community development)
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working in a developmental role with community organisations or projects, or other similar organisations (in a paid/ voluntary capacity or a combination of both)
- Experience of working with new communities is desirable
- Knowledge or experience of Failte Isteach would be beneficial
- Experience of working with marginalised individuals and communities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Access to transport and a full clean driving licence
- Available for working outside normal hours as required
A Job Description for this role can be downloaded from this link
Please forward a full CV and a written letter of application to:
Ms Catherine Cowap, A/CEO,
Laois Partnership Company,
Ground Floor, Block 2, County Hall,
JFL Avenue. Portlaoise, Co Laois.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday the 15th January 2021 at 5pm
Canvassing will disqualify
Laois Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer